Composting is one of the simplest ways to reduce your carbon footprint in your own backyard. You can immediately reduce the amount of garbage you generate by collecting excessive veggie scraps, coffee grounds, and eggshells. This so-called waste would be converted into rich, organic garden soil.
For gardeners, composting is highly beneficial as the perfect mix of organic materials for healthy plants. More than 30 percent of what we throw away might be composting, according to the Environment Protection Agency, and that is also an easy way to cut the amount of food waste piling into waste sites.
While selecting please consider the location, power, content, price, and function of the compost bin. Most of the compost bins are made of plastic, metal, or wood and comes with indoor and outdoor options. For indoor use, countertop processors, enclosed bins, and compact tumblers are ideal, while wide tumblers and wooden bins are ideal for outdoor use. We have selected the 10 best compost bins here to discuss. These are the best compost tumblers and tins that help you reduce your total waste while simultaneously obtaining great garden soils.
1. FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter
It is an excellent choice for the gardeners, who have no more space in the yard. It is easy to use and has 37 gallons capacity of organic waste from the FCMP and gives five to six spins each for 2-3 days for the barrel. The tumbling action ventilates the compost and divides it more rapidly into a garden. You don’t have need to scrape, shovel, or mix it by hand.
It has 2 inner chambers so that two batches of compost go simultaneously at different stages of decomposition. It is easy to add scraps and dump finished compost with the big door. It is made of UV-resistant, BPA-free polypropylene recycled so that harmful chemicals are not broken into your compost by direct exposure to sunlight or leaching. The frame of this tumbling composter is made of a corrosion-resistant galvanized steel structure.
- Easy to use
- Capacity is 37 gallons
- Difficult to assemble
2. Exaco ECO-2000 Kitchen Compost Waste Collector
This 2.4-gallon bin is a great option for a larger family to collect indoor cooking waste. The polyethylene bin can be easily cleaned. Its robust handle helps in easy transfer of the waste to an external bin. It has a spot to prevent the smell of an integrated filter and also a set of four filters that are compatible for a year of delivery, according to the company. This kitchen compost bin also has a dishwasher for easy cleanup and a lid that snaps shut to keep odors inside.
|Composter Type||Indoor waste|
|Dimension||8.5 x 9 x 12 inches|
- 4-gallon capacity kitchen compost collector
- Includes 1 full year’s supply of carbon filters – 4 pack
- Filters significantly reduce odors
- Made of polyethylene with a high density
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Makes collecting food waste easy
- You have to empty it frequently before your food scraps start rotting down
3. GEOBIN Expandable Compost Bin
This Geobin Compost Bin is best for those who prefer the facility of a compost pile or don’t like the uncontrolled mess. When fully assembled, this sturdy composter holds up to 216 gallons of organic waste and closes heavy plastic clamp keys on both sides. The mesh material provides a high level of ventilation and humidity control and fits into every type of weather.
You can remove one or two keys if you want compost from the bottom of the piles and open the bin to access and shovel off the rich and fruitful compost. During decomposition, you do not have to mix up the bin contents, but if you want to speed up the process, you can do it with a shovel or a slipper.
|Material||50% recycled plastic content|
|Dimension||36.5 x 5 x 5 inches|
- It can withstand harsh weather condition
- No mixing required
- Some complaints that the bin is easy to tip over
- Not recommended for areas with wildlife
4. Algreen Products Soil Saver Classic Compost bin
This substantial and durable bin is ideal for backyard gardeners. It needs to be checked and fill it up on daily basis and in around six to eight weeks it gets dark humus. The thick walls of the bin retain heat that pits moisture to accelerate the breakup process. It comes with a capacity of 94 gallons made from recycled, BPA-free plastic with a lid with holes to collect water so that the bin does not have to be opened. The compost exits through two sliding doors at the bottom.
- The lid can be closed to prevent animals
- Air opening features for ventilation of your compost
- It has 2 sliding doors for easier removal of the compost with nutrients once it is ready.
- Allows you to constantly supply compost if you require it
· The nuts and bolts of plastic aren’t very strong. You should substitute some metal ones for them.
5. Utopia Kitchen Compost Bin
This affordable bin is perfect for composters who want to begin composting food scraps to leave or transfer to the larger bin. It is only 1.3 gallons and sufficiently ideal to fit on or below the countertop. It is easy to transport and easy to clean. Its compost bin’s built-in charcoal filter keeps the entire odor in the box and keeps your kitchen odor-free and cleansed for longer periods. No harmful chemicals like plastic containers or lixiviated are found to be part of the compost. This is particularly important when your compost is used in food crops.
|Composter Type||Indoor waste|
|Dimension||14 x 8 x 9 inches|
- Stainless Steel Compost Bin
- Attractive design
- Large capacity
- Easy to clean the bin in warm soapy water
- Easy to place and carry
- Filters need replacing
- Takes up a lot of counter space
- Steel smudges easily
- The lid can fit quite snugly and might be difficult to get off
- There are also holes in the lid that may attract fruit fly and ants
6. Redmon Since 1883 8000 Compost Gallon Bin
It’s best for any yard because it doesn’t take up plenty of room. It has a 65-gallon capacity. It consists of UV-resistant, high-quality plastic. This means that it will not break or crack in bad weather. The four doors on the ground make it easy to remove mature compost.
For most households, this compost bin is large enough and requires little room. The Snap-on lid also keeps the visiting animals away from your compost area.
|Dimension||26 x 26 x 30.75 inches|
- Convenient snap-on lid to keep animals out
- Four access doors and top snap-on lid to retrieve composted material
- Easy to assemble
- Heavy-duty construction
- Made of UV stabilized material for durability
- Holds up to 65 gallons of waste
- It’s easy to assemble with no extra tools required
- It has large vent holes for aeration that might allow small animals to get in.
7. Granrosi Store Stylish Farmhouse Kitchen Compost Bin
With bright, black, vintage-y lettering across the front that stands out against the stark white backdrop. This countertop compost bin makes a lovely addition to your countertop. It has a rust-resistant stainless steel lid and a capacity of 1.3 gallons. There is an integrated carbon filter, plus two additional filters thrown in to help reduce odor. It is expected that each filter can last about 3-4 months. These is the best compost bins for the kitchen.
|Composter Type||Indoor waste|
|Dimension||7.48 x 7.48 x 11.42 inches|
- 3 gallons capacity
- Includes two additional carbon filters. It lasts between three and four months for each filter.
- Features both inside and outside a special coating to avoid rust
- You just have to wash it in warm soapy water, ready to use it again
- Ideal to take all your scraps to your compost bin before taking them
- Easy cleaning and handling
- This is a kitchen scraps collector and not a compost bin
- Ants can enter the bin via the lid holes if the filter isn’t correctly installed
8. MAZE Two-Stage Compost Tumbler
The heavy-duty MAZE compost bin has a robust handle so that you can’t have any trouble rotating the waste. The doors are nice and large and are high off the floor, which allows for easy storage of your organic soil by a bin or cart.
This tumbler allows you to have a large container or also a splitter that enables you to have two compost batteries going at once. It has adjustable air vents and rodent resistance, so you can be sure that it will last over time and the weather.
|Material||Zinc coated metal frame, UV protected plastic body|
|Dimension||30 x 41.3 x 44.5 inches|
- Made of UV plastic with high impact
- The long opening area below facilitates unloading. A low-profile cart makes collecting and transporting compost easier
- Recovered handle for locking. The geared handle makes it easy to turn a composter even if a drum of 65 gallons is fully loaded. A cart can hold twelve gallons.
- Adjustable air vents built into drum
- The sustainable framework that does not rust over time
- Dual sliding/discharge doors on drum
9. Green Cone Solar Waste Digester
The Green Cone has been a popular innovative composter since the 1980s. It has the solar component, sun aid has been added. You fill it with normal compost from the top, and it breaks down into the ground below. This composter’s nutrients naturally benefit the soil around, so consider placing it near your garden. The Green Cone may waste food for up to 2 pounds a day.
You will have a steady supply of nutrient-rich soil once the hang of compost is achieved. Use compost for new containers and garden areas, or improve your yard’s existing soil. Given that quality soil is one of the most important ingredients in the cultivation of a successful garden, you will be happy that you create this yourself and while reducing the amount of waste that you produce.
|Dimension||23 x 44 inches|
- 3 years warranty
- 59-gallon capacity
10. VermiHut Plus 5-Tray Worm Bin
This composting basket is designed especially for the satisfaction of the worms. In your vegetable garden, you can use castings as well as compost tea. The unit has a single “M-board” or worm storage tray. This tray increases airflow and prevents both worms and waste from falling into the lower liquid tray. It’s odor-free.
This is one of the market’s best worm cups. With 5 trays included it can convert approximately 5 pounds of organic kitchen material. If you have a lot of food waste, you can even add more trays. The worms digest the food scraps and leave nutrient-rich worm casts in your garden behind. Moreover, you can even keep that worm composting bin inside your home because it’s odorless.
|Dimension||17 x 17 x 33 inches|
- Advanced version of the worm compost bin, standard 5 trays can be included.
- A new component called an M-Board increases airflow and saves worms
- The air-vented lid odor removal, moisture control, and fruit fly control consists of an innovative component called the V-board and coconut fiber
- There is also a set of ant-traps to prevent the loams, base, and liquid tray in a single piece from invading the worm bin.
- Includes a Starter Kit and Handbook
- Provides effective fruit fly control with the uniquely designed lid